Re: [e4-dev] Re: Some comments on XWT

Hallvard ,

2009/3/4 Hallvard Trætteberg <hal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Angelo,

   I overlooked your last sentence about Rhino. Yes, I'm very
   interested as I'm using Rhino myself and the databinding part is
   very important.

Thta's cool:) But today I have start the project and I'm managing simple case (observe value)

There are two ways of thinking:
1) Add support for using _javascript_ to set up bindings between already supported objects types, using an existing databinding implementation, or
2) Add databinding support for Rhino _javascript_ objects, i.e. Scriptable/ScriptableObject, as another databinding implementation.

>From your description, is seems you are working on 2), whereas I'm focusing on 1). Do you think I have understood it correctly?

Correct! Yes I'm managing the 2) solution.

In my opinion, 1) makes more sense, because _javascript_ is weak when it comes to data management (modelling, typing and persistence).

You are right, but ScriptableObject can be usefull too. For instance into Akrogen,  you can describe your wizatd Eclipse with XML/XUL and _javascript_ which are linked to template (Freemarker, XSL, velocity). It's totally declarative. So you can define ScriptableObject into your XUL wizard. XUL element (SWT UI) bounded with the ScriptableObject update the ScriptableObject and you can use it into template Freemarker.

Angelo

Hallvard