[e4-dev] e4: handlers and undo

Hi Boris / Paul,

I noticed that you recently revamped the Application Services page for e4:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Eclipse_Application_Services

I'm wondering why handlers and operation support are considered a UI concept.
I know that they are today, but does it have to be that way?
Wouldn't it make sense to allow command handlers be contributed without UI dependency?
That might eventually help producing headless applications that can be scripted through commands.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top