Re: [e4-dev] Introduction (I'm new to e4)

Hi James,

Welcome aboard.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 6:33 AM, James Sugrue <james@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got the latest project sets,  but would appreciate any help to get all
> I need to see e4 working together. I'm guessing all of the project sets
> together?

Yes, the project sets should set you free :-) We have brief
descriptions of what each area needs on
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Builds but it's not really enough to get
started.  e4 HEAD is currently working against the latest eclipse 3.5
I-builds.  Which of the project sets were you looking at?

The css PSF should be self contained, it's focused on CSS support and SWT.

e4.ui.psf, e4.ui.examples.psf need at least the EMF runtime (I always
install the EMF SDK from Ganymede, and throw in GMF for diagrams)
since e4.ui.psf contains all of the modeled workbench code, and
examples currently contains the e4photo demo (using the modeled
workbench).

XWT itself doesn't need much, but the XWT tools need the "Eclipse XML
Editors and Tools" feature.

SWT tools needs the mozilla licensed flex sdk.

If you have a specific problem you can ask back on the list (and then
update the wiki with the solution :-) or try and find one of us on
irc://freenode.net/#eclipse-e4

Later,
PW

--