Re: [e4-dev] Dependency Preference and Versioning

Boris,

I thought you could use an extension point without a dependency on the bundle that declare it.  E.g., we have this in org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi without a bundle dependency on "team"

  <extension point="org.eclipse.team.core.fileTypes">
    <fileTypes extension="ecore" type="text" />
    <fileTypes extension="emof" type="text" />
    <fileTypes extension="xmi" type="text" />
  </extension>

Boris Bokowski wrote:

Another issue that we need to consider is the non-Java parts that go into a bundle and are not contained in a package. Isn't the rule that you need to use Require-Bundle if you depend on things like extension points?

Also, making everything keyed off packages is very Java-centric - what happens when I write a bundle containing _javascript_ code?

Boris