Re: [e4-dev] Dependency Preference and Versioning

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Danail Nachev <d.nachev@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If we match the package version with the bundle version, what happens to
> the package version, when the package is moved to other bundle?

In that case, you would have to carry the version over.

> I think that API tools gives us (or it will give us) enough power to
> evolve the package version separately from the bundle version.

It's a release management/install dependency nightmare, unless you are
backed by a heavy or well documented process.  Take the OSGi spec, for
example.  They wrote it down, and the spec is where you look.

It would be acceptable if it *absolutely* needed to be done, as in
your example.  But I think the default answer (i.e. best practice)
should be "no, don't do that".

PW

--
Paul Webster