[e4-dev] Contexts discussion

As a follow-on to Oleg's overview of "contexts" in the e4 meeting yesterday, a group of us had an offline discussion about the general problems we are trying to solve, a review of current technology, and some brainstorming about what the solution needs to look like. While it was a very long discussion and nearly impossible to summarize, we attempted to collect the interesting information from the discussion in the following wiki page:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Contexts

I'm not sure if the material there will make sense to people, but if you want to ask questions about any of this, or dig into any of the specific problems, use cases, existing technologies, etc, please chime in and we can discuss it here. This generally falls into the "Pervasive Themes" (app model, ease of use, no singletons) work area.

John

Back to the top