Re: [e4-dev] JDK level for e4 work?

> It's a hard sell though if this is just about eSWT being a potential target
> for e4 in the abstract. We haven't ever said that we are going to constrain
> the widget set to be eSWT compatible, and in fact are considering a superset
> of the current SWT as the target (i.e. new capabilities from AIR and
> Silverlight).

 eSWT community is very much interested in those capabilities as well.
Of course, eSWT has some additions and removals compared to SWT, but I
think up to the Control hierarchy they are very similar to each other.
When I was adopting the css engine the biggest missing piece was the
cursor support. I think we will definitely need to create (either as
part of e4 or ercp project) a plugin like org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.eswt
for eSWT and one for eJFace like org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.ejface. Those
can easily be based on the org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.core. However the
best would be to have org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.core which supports
the hierarchy up to Control.

Speaking of new capabilities, we have already experimented some with
animations and css engine and very interested on the declarative UI
but there is an area that we need to enhance eSWT to that I am not
sure if it would interest the e4. We are working to get Multi-touch
and gesture recognition to eSWT. I will gladly do that work as part of
e4 if it is found valuable to do so.

--
Gorkem