Re: [e4-dev] Marking new API in E4

> So, here are some questions of mine:
> Does API Tooling provide some "report" functionality that would
> allow us to generate a report of all API added since a baseline (e.
> g. since e4 was started)? Then, the @since tags are good enough.
> Otherwise, we might want some common text markup in addition to the
@since.

The answer to this question is "not yet". There is a proposed item on the
3.5 plan to implement such reporting under "Robustness > API Tools
enhancements".

"...implement API comparison utilities that can be used to create reports
in an automated build or presented as a structural compare in the
workbench..."

The PDE team has not started work on this item, but there is still a good
chance that some form of this will be in the 3.5 release.

Darin Wright

Back to the top