[dtp-pmc] Fw: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Expansion of the Architecture Council with new Mentors

FYI

Any thoughts from the DTP side?

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

----- Forwarded by John Graham/SYBASE on 04/07/2007 09:23 PM -----

             Bjorn
             Freeman-Benson
             <bjorn.freeman-be                                          To
             nson@xxxxxxxxxxx>         "eclipse.org-architecture-council"
             Sent by:                  <eclipse.org-architecture-council@e
             eclipse.org-archi         clipse.org>
             tecture-council-b                                          cc
             ounces@xxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [eclipse.org-architecture-council]
                                       Expansion of the Architecture
             04/07/2007 03:46          Council with new Mentors
             PM

             Please respond to
             "eclipse.org-arch
             itecture-council"
             <eclipse.org-arch
             itecture-council@
               eclipse.org>

Architecture Council members,
Given the Architecture Council's role in ensuring the architectural
integrity of the Eclipse frameworks by mentoring new projects on technical
(APIs, etc), social (how to be open source), and process (Eclipse IP, ...)
issues, it is now time to expand the Council membership. The goal is to
have a sufficient sized Council to balance these factors:
   1. we maintain our high quality standards across all projects
   2. none of us are overly burdened by mentoring
   3. new proposals are able to find mentors
Membership in the Architecture Council is for Eclipse committers who are
senior software developers (i.e., they've shipped quality code) and have
demonstrated the open source philosophy (i.e., they understand that working
in the open means _working_ in the open, not just opening up the code
repository). I'd like to accept nominations and discussion for the rest of
April. My goal is to have finalized the set of candidates by April 30th.
Then I will contact each of them to verify their interest, followed by
present the slate to the Executive Director by May 4th.

Appointment to the Architecture Council should be reserved for those
Eclipse committers who are actively and currently involved in Eclipse; who
embody the principles of open source; and who have a firm commitment to
high-quality extensible frameworks.

I look forward to your nominations,
Bjorn