[dtp-dev] Setting RC2 TM bugs for DTP 1.6 to future

Hi all...

Just a quick reminder today. I will be going through and changing any bugs targeted for 1.6 RC2 to future on Friday morning.

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Hi all...

With Xiaoying's promotion of RC2 nightly build v20080527-1115 as the RC2 candidate, we need to re-disposition any bugs that didn't make it into RC2 to RC3 or future. We are in a Test cycle now and will be able to deliver approved fixes for RC3 at the end of the week (see the Rampdown policy for the full schedule http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_Ganymede_Rampdown_Policy). In the Test/fix pass at the end of the week, we are really only looking for critical fixes to ensure a solid candidate for RC2, RC3, and so on.

Use this query to find all bugs currently targeted for RC2:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Data+Tools&component=Apache+Derby+Conn+Profile&component=Connection+Mgt+Framework&component=Connectivity&component=Data+Source+Explorer&component=DataTools&component=DB+Definition+Model&component=DDL+Generation&component=Docs&component=Driver+Mgt+Framework&component=DSE+Data+Actions&component=Enablement&component=Enablement%3AODA&component=Enablement%3ASAP&component=Enablement%3ASybase&component=Incubator&component=JDBC+Conn+Profile&component=ModelBase&component=Open+Data+Access&component=releng&component=SQL+Debug+Framework&component=SQL+Debugger+Framework&component=SQL+Editor+Framework&component=SQL+Execution+Plan&component=SQL+Model&component=SQL+Query+Builder&component=SQL+Query+Model&component=SQL+Query+Parser&component=S! QL+Results+View&component=SQLDevTools&component=Table+Data+Editor&target_milestone=1.6RC2&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&order=Importance

If you want to include a bug in RC3, you must petition the PMC (send an e-mail to the dtp-pmc mailing list requesting for your bug to be included in RC3) and include details as to why that particular issue should be included in the RC.

We need to be VERY careful not to introduce any fixes that add instabilities to our builds or codebase, especially as we're getting closer and closer to our final candidate for 1.6 later in June.

So please take a look at your RC2 bugs and disposition them accordingly.

Thanks for your time.

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Back to the top