[dtp-dev] Can we remove the Database node in DSE for DBMS that support catalogs?

Hi,
        Currently in DSE, the tree structure for databases that support catalogs is as follows:
<database node>
--<Catalogs>
----<catalog1>
----<catalog2>
--<Data Types>
There're some issue with the <database node> here:
1. The <database node> requires an additional click to get down to the real intesting content;
2. It's hard to find an appropriate name for it. Using the default catalog name is misleading; using the host name just duplicats the connection profile information and doesn't add much value; using the server name requires the connection profile is connected and doesn't work well in offline mode;

So if there's no code tied to this node I'd suggest to remove it in DSE. I've created a BZ167537 for it and I'd like to hear your comments.

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

Back to the top