[dtp-dev] Preference category for DTP

As mentioned in the team meeting this week, DTP currently has two
preference categories "Data" and "Data Tools." When installed with WTP (as
part of Callisto), we then end up with three (see attached image). Now,
there's nothing we can do about the "Data" category from WTP at the moment,
but we should at least consolidate the two DTP preference categories for
0.7. I suggest that we remove the one labeled "Data" currently and use the
category currently labeled "Data Tools" instead (I think this fits the
dependency graph as well).

Next, what label should go on this category? We should use "Data" because
it will then duplicate with WTP. "Data Tools" would work, and, though it
might be less than ideal, I suggest that it is a good starting point.

So, two questions for the group:

1. Should we consolidate in the manner described? If so, who will do it? (I
am happy to take care of it if the group wants....)
2. What should the label be? Current working assumption is "Data Tools"
unless a better alternative is offered.

I'd like to complete this for Monday's build, so let's drive to a
conclusion on this thread by EOD tomorrow (Friday)

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.