[dtp-dev] New Derby Connection Profile

Hey all,

I've implemented a custom connection profile to support embedded Derby
connections.  This includes a customized connection implementation that
reuses existing embedded connections and properly disposes of them when the
last reference is closed.  I've also moved the driver definition from the
generic category into a "Derby" category and added a DB2 universal driver
definition to the generic category.

The new connection profile is keyed to work only with embedded Derby driver
definitions.  You should use the DB2 universal driver with the generic DB
connection profile, since it supports multiple connections and
java.sql.Connection.close() behaves as expected.  Note, when using the DB2
universal driver, you will need to start you Derby DB as a networked server
(this is described in detail in the Derby documentation).

Larry, could you do a quick review of the changes to make sure everything
is copacetic.  Thanks.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Rob

Back to the top