Re: [dtp-dev] unable to get popup menus working

Anil,

A couple of guesses, either the objectClass field is specified incorrectly,
no objects in the view are of the type specified in objectClass, or there
is a problem with the popupMenu extension on the view.

You may want to post these types of issues to one of the newsgroups instead
of the mailing lists.  The newsgroups reach a broader range of developers,
whereas the mailing lists are mostly subscribed to by developers either
working on Eclipse projects or those developers interested in what is going
on within an Eclipse project.  The mailing lists are typically for design
discussions related to their respective Eclipse projects and the newsgroups
typically serve as public forum for developers using/extending Eclipse
projects.  (Note, these are not hard and fast rules.)

Hope this helps.
Rob

dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/26/2006 10:35:51 PM:

> Hi
>
> The xml snippet below is not adding any popup menu to an View object
> that implements IDBLevel2Object. I followed the procedure from the
> built-in Help and followed the Readme example.
>
>     <extension point = " org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus">
>          <objectContribution
>             id="oracle.dbtools.connectivity.actions"
>             objectClass="oracle.dbtools.connectivity.actions.
> IDBLevel2Object ">
>             <action
id="oracle.dbtools.connectivity.actions.IDBLevel2Object"
>                label="New"
>                menubarPath="additions"
>                helpContextId=" oracle.dbtools.connectivity.actions.
> level2object.new"

class="oracle.dbtools.connectivity.actions.Level2NewAction">