[dtp-dev] Re: Generic JDBC Database Support

Der-Ping:

Excellent work -- thanks so much for getting this in on such short notice.
I've added that plug-in to the build and tested the generic driver
template/model with PostgreSQL 8, and it works great!

Regards,
John Graham
Staff Software Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
telephone: (978) 287-1634  (GMT - 5)
e-mail: john.graham@xxxxxxxxxx

             Der Ping Chou
             <dpchou@xxxxxxxxx
                                       jograham@xxxxxxxxxx
             01/18/2006 09:43                                           cc
             PM                        dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony J
                                       Ciccone <ajciccon@xxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       Connie Nelin <nelin@xxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       Sheila Sholars
                                       <sholars@xxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       Karl.Reti@xxxxxxxxxx,
                                       lchan@xxxxxxxxxxx, wli@xxxxxxxxxxx,
                                       Lawrence E Dunnell
                                       <ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Generic JDBC Database Support

John,

In responding to DTP user's request for a generic JDBC Database support. I
delivered a new plugin -
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.dbdefinition.genericJDBC and made some
changes to the plugin.xml file of
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.db.generic plugin.

I also did some testing to verify that it indeed is calling/using the new
vendor doc for Generic JDBC database. User will be able to use this to
connect to any relational database.

For some reason I don't have the permission to create folder in
connectivity sub-project, therefore I asked Larry to help me with the check
in.
So for M3, could you please add
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.dbdefinition.genericJDBC to the build?

Thanks,

Der-Ping Chou
Information Management Tooling
Development Manager - Data Tools