[dtp-connect-dev] Committers Meeting Notes - 2005-11-17

Here are the notes from the connectivity sub-project's weekly committers
meeting.

Attendees:
Rob Cernich (Sybase)
Brian Fitzpatrick (Sybase)
Larry Dunnel (IBM)
Linda Chan (Actuate)

Administrative:
Reminder, all check-ins should contain a bug number in the revision
comments.

Iteration notes:
This being a long iteration, it was requested that we try to split it up
into smaller pieces.  We plan on having an iteration build on 12/9 that
includes SQL model integration (i.e. a connection factory that produces a
SQL model type connection).  The remaining time will be spent adding the
content model extensions to display SQL models in the DSE.  (Note, our
primary focus will be getting the Derby connection profile working; other
DBs will follow in a later milestone.)

Design notes:
We will be focusing on the generic DB connection profile leading up to M2.
After M2, as we begin migrating existing vendors supported by RDB, we will
phase out the generic connection profile in favor of vendor specific
implementations (note, the generic extension class implementations will
remain to serve as a basis for vendor specific plugins).

Required enhancements:
1.  The connectivity framework must be accessible in a "server"
environment.  For M2, we will ensure that the connectivity framework in a
"headless" Eclipse executable.  Moving forward, we will look reducing the
plug-in set to a minimal "headless" RCP style application.  We may need to
further reduce this down to just the connectivity plugins.  This is
required for ODA integration.
2.  Need to improve filtering capabilities for the driver list control.
This is required to allow custom profile implementers to filter out
irrelevant driver definitions.   We also need to modify the generic wizard
and property page implementations so the filter can be specified
programatically (for vendor specific implementations).

Action items:
Rob will create "bugs" for the required enhancements.

Back to the top