[dsdp-tm-dev] TM 3.0.1RC1 is available : next steps

Hi all,

TM 3.0.1RC1 is available for testing:
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/M-3.0.1RC1-200809041436/index.php
and Update Site:
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/updates/3.0milestones/

I also submitted the bits for Ganymedes, so the SR1 RC1 JEE Package
to be built this weekend should have it.

Next Steps:

As of now, only the Mapfile (org.eclipse.rse.build) and update site (org.eclipse.rse.updatesite)
are branched into the Maintenance branch R3_0_maintenance. This means:
  • In order to release fixes into 3.0.1, you'll need to "switch" the mapfile project to the maintenance branch.
  • Only released stuff will go into 3.0.1
Since at the last committer meeting it looked like most of us are busy with other stuff anyways,
so committing fixes for 3.1 is not a priority yet, I propose that we
  • Do not branch the actual code plugins yet but continue committing into HEAD.
  • Therefore, please only commit stuff that's meant to go into 3.0.1 yet. If you think you want to commit something that's for 3.1 (and not 3.0.1) please let me know - it's possible but a small bit more work.
  • As per our Ramp down plan [0], every commit must be associated with a bugzilla, and the bugzilla must be approved by at least 1 additional committer.
  • After Sep 10, you'll also need PMC (my) approval.
  • We only want hi-priority fixes at this point.
In order to simplify matters, I propose that I'm the only one to actually release changes, and I can do so combined with a review. That means, you can continue committing fixes into HEAD, and I'll review them out of the Repository; I'll just not release stuff that doesn't pass review. I'm not religious about this strategy, but please let me know if you want to release something, and PLEASE continue using a "v200809xxxxxx" maptag and not an "r30x_vxxx" maptag as previously requested.

I have scheduled the following builds towards 3.0.1:
  • Tuesday Sep 9 at 0600 EST -- 3.0.1 RC2
  • Thursday Sep 10 at 0600 EST -- 3.0.1 RC3
  • Tuesday Sep 16 at 0600 EST -- 3.0.1 Final Release Bild
The 3.0.1 final build will be available for Ganymede but not enlisted on our download site
until the official Ganymede SR1 release date (Sep 24 as per [1]). Anything that's
in the Branched Mapfiles at these dates is going to make it, I do not plan to
change the build times.

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/TM/3.0_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Ganymede#Ramp_down_for_Ganymede_SR1_.28Sep_24.2C_2008.29
[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ganymede#Coordinated_Service_Releases

Cheers,