Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] problems with localFile and hostname

Regarding the capitalized hostname, I'm not sure who wrote the initial code, but I see the following comments in Host:

        /**
         * Intercept of setHostName so we can force it to uppercase.
         * IPv4 host names are case insensitive. Much data is stored using the host
         * name as part of the key. Therefore, the host name is capitalized here so that
         * these comparisons work naturally.
         * However, this must be done using the US locale since IPv4 host names
         * use can be compared using this locale. See RFC1035.
         */
        public void setHostName(String name) {
                if (name != null) {
                        name = name.toUpperCase(Locale.US);
                }
                this.setHostNameGen(name);
        }

I'm not sure whether forcing this to upper case is such a good idea.  Could you open a defect in bugzilla so that it could be discussed more formally?

Thanks,
____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

Christian Hohmann <c.hohmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/01/2008 10:07 AM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-tm-dev] problems with localFile and hostname

Hi all,
I'm trying to extend the RSE with a new subsystem for my
webservice-based filesystem. Now I ran into problems:

When I try to open a file there is a call on the download() method in my
FileService implementation. For the variable "File localFile" I get the
value:
"C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Christian
Hohmann\runtime-EclipseApplication\RemoteSystemsTempFiles\LOCALHOST:8080\DEMO-SITE\SERVICES\STORAGEMANAGEMENT?RES=DEFAULT_STORAGE\uas3.txt"

The problems are ":" and "?". This signs are not allowed in file and
folder names on Microsoft OS.
How can I deal with the localFile - names to download and view the files?

Another problem occures when I creat a new connection. I can enter my
hostname in capital and lower case letters. But asking for the hostname
via: IHost.getHostName() returns only capital letters.
input:
https://localhost:8080/DEMO-SITE/services/StorageManagement?res=default_storage
changes to:
HTTPS://LOCALHOST:8080/DEMO-SITE/SERVICES/STORAGEMANAGEMENT?RES=DEFAULT_STORAGE

This causes some trouble with my own connector later on. For testing I
coded the needed hostname fix into the source. Is there a possibility
for getting the hostname in the format that I entered?

I hope you can give me some advice -
Christian

Christian Hohmann
SW - Engineer

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt