[dsdp-tm-dev] RSE and multiple workspaces?

Hello,

As we are working on migrating our current products to RSE, one
question came up:

Some of our users work in multiple workspaces, e.g. in order to
maintain different versions of their products in different ClearCase
views. They would like to see the _same_ set of connections,
filters and other properties in all of their workspaces.

- The first idea that comes to mind is some sort of "Import" facility
  to load the connections from workspace A into workspace B -- same as
  somebody would do with Eclipse Preferences. The problem with this
  is, that connections do not stay in sync between the workspaces.

- Another option might be that in RSE, we can use the Eclipse Resource
  Navigator to close the "RemoteSystemsConnections" project in a local
  workspace and import it from a different workspace so that it's
  re-used from a particular location on disk. But this seems a bit
  awkward, and we are looking for a simpler workflow to support this
  scenario.

- A third option might be to do something similar to the Launch
  Configurations, and allow with each connection / filter / other
  persistent property (or profile) to store it either locally,
  or in some user-defined disk location.

What do you think about these options?
Can we support such a workflow with RSE?
Is such a feature important for others too?
Should we add it to the list of enhancement requests for RSE 2.0?

Thanks,
Martin

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Oberhuber        mailto:martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx