RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] CDT Launch integration

Hello again Tianchao,

to somewhat summarize what I've written earlier -

* I think you are wrong regarding remote search. It's a unique
  RSE service that you cannot have through EFS. Unless the
  EFS would be extended to provide an (optional) "remote search"
  method...
  [Also note that Eclipse Search can only search workspace
  resources and you don't necessarily want to expose all remote
  file systems to your workspace].

* We are considering EFS very earnestly. But note that the RSE
  Remote Systems view is not just a re-implementation of the
  Resource Navigator, since the RSE view can show not only
  files but arbitrary remote subsystems / objects. We do keep
  an eye on the Common Navigator though.

* Another particular power of RSE is in the combination of
  Remote Files - Remote Shell - Remote Search which are
  totally interoperable.

The real benefit of RSE is that it gathers lots of totally
heterogeneous systems and subsystems under a single
consistent view.

Cheers,
Martin
--