[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: [dsdp-dd-dev] RE: DSDP DD/TM Launching Initiatives

Hi Chris,

thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, you haven't seen my presentation on Thursday,
and I haven't seen Darins presentation on Wednesday. Perhaps
Pete Nicholls, or Paul Gingrich have seen both of them?
What's important for me now, is to know what requirements
you have and what you're up to -- your E-Mail is a great
first hint.

Have a look at my presentation on Component Based Launching:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/DSDP/TM/Launching

The basic idea is, that a Launch should be constructed by
components (or "actions") that can be contributed individually
by extension point.

In your case, it appears that "JTAG scanchain setup" and
"scripted target manipulation" would make up two nice
Launch Components.

Your components could then be used in off-the-shelf Launches,
or customized Launches that only TI provides.

What do you think?

We've come up with the idea of component-based launches
because we've seen how complex our Launches ended up to
be in our products, and it appears that only components
can help to ensure maximum re-use.

I'd be happy to hook up on the phone if you want to know more.

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber - WindRiver, Austria