[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dsdp-pmc] Minutes: Thurs, Aug 10

Hi all,

 

Action items are in red.

 

Doug

 

Attendees

 

Mark, Martin, Shigeki, Doug

 

Dial-in info (we will use this from now on)

 

Skype: +99008275948062

Austria: 0820 400 01562

US: 1-712-432-4000
UK: 0870 119 2350
France: 0826 100 266
Germany 01805 00 7620
Enter Conference Room Number : 5948062

 

Minutes

 

-          Upcoming Events

o   DSDP Japan – Aug 2 (yesterday)

§  Update from Shigeki – see previous email.

o   Summit Europe (http://www.eclipsecon.org/summiteurope2006/)

§  I have submitted a talk (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-pmc/msg00133.html).

§  Michael Scharf (WR-rep arch council) will demonstrate TM

§  MTJ plans?  Demonstrations?  (Mika did not make this meeting.)

o   ESC West

§  http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv/

§  April 1-5, 2007 in San Jose

§  Submission deadline:  Sept 8

§  Come to the meeting with some ideas

§  Mark – will check with IBM to see if someone else can go.

§  Shigeki – will check to see if Fujitsu can present.

o   EclipseCon 2007

§  2-hr tutorial slot possibility

§  Review of allocations for mobile/embedded track

Long

Short

Panel/Demo

Tutorial

Mobile

3

3

1

1

DSDP

2

3

1

1

§  Mark:  IBM will want to speak on eRCP and/or the product.  2-hour tutorial is possible.

§  Martin: 2-hour tutorial is possible or a long talk as a second choice.

§  Shigeki: would prefer a demo and/or a long talk

§  Doug will follow up with Tml and MTJ

o   Update on Doug’s press interviews (still not scheduled)

-          IP policy transparency: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=151323

o   Discussion – Martin and Doug have looked at this and really like it.

o   Everyone to review and comment in Bugzilla. 

-          DSDP Info center

o   http://dsdp.eclipse.org/help/latest/

o   Martin’s instructions:  http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-pmc/msg00129.html

§  This is a headless Eclipse application that shows documentation the same as a local Eclipse install.

§  HTML-based help.

§  Documentation is an Eclipse plug-in.

§  You can push new documentation up or you can pull your plug-in from the nightly builds.

§  Martin can install the first version for you.

§  Accounts

·         If you want to push, you will need an account

·         If you want to pull, Martin can setup for you.

o   Project plans?

§  TM and DD – docs are up there now.

§  eRCP – haven’t looked at yet.

§  NAB – will put docs up.

-          Transparency in development discussions

o   The importance of “dev” lists, even for developers from the same company.

§  Shigeki:  please make sure you communicate over dsdp-nab-dev when you work with your other committer on NAB.

§  Everyone:  remember to over-communicate what you’re doing in your projects using dev lists, newsgroups, and blogs.  Each avenue is read typically read by a different community.  This helps get the word out on your projects.

o   Project visibility and status discussion.

-          Final issues

o   Next Meeting

§  Sept 7 meeting date conflict with EclipseWorld in Boston

§  Sept 14 is preferred.  Doug will send out an invitation.

o   Meeting times with the time zone challenges

§  1 hour earlier?

o   Face-to-face PMC meeting?

§  EclipseCon 07

§  Before then if we need to sync up on Europa?

o   Staying connected

o   Other business?