[dsdp-pmc] Online help is live on dsdp.eclipse.org!

Dear PMC,

in our last meeting I promised to let you know how you can serve
online documentation from the Infocenter at dsdp.eclipse.org.

After some initial technical problems, the Eclipse Webmasters now
got it working, and I have the Target Management Project's
documentation live at
http://dsdp.eclipse.org/help/latest/

You are welcome to contribute your own help (for NAB, MTJ, DD, eRCP)
to the same server, such that it serves help for all DSDP projects.
All you need to do, is provide the Eclipse Plugins that you use for
documentation in your projects.

A cron job will get the latest documentation plugins from
   dsdp.eclipse.org:/home/infocenter/latest/deploy
every night at 2:00am, then restart the help server and rebuild the
search index. The advantages of a help server (as opposed to static
html pages) are, that
  - You see the same as in an Eclipse application
  - Pages are searchable with an index and table-of-contents
  - You can have help in multiple languages at the same time --
    the server will select the proper language based on browser info

It's up to you how you want to bring your plugins into the deploy
area: You can either push them manually, or have them extracted
automatically from some nightly build every night (that's what the
TM project currently does). We can also serve multiple versions of
your documentation (e.g. released and latest) at the same time.

Just let me know what you want to do, and I'll help you get it set up.

Cheers,
Martin

P.S.: shigeki, your account smoride@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx should be set
up properly for ssh access already. Others - please send me your
ssh public key so I can set up your logins if you want.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Oberhuber        mailto:martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top