[dsdp-mtj-dev] MTJ Helios Plan

Hi MTJ,

Everyone is coming back from vacation i would like to raise the discussion about MTJ plans for Helios train. we've being talking about this since october of last year, and it is time to close something and publish that to the community.

Since last year, MTJ is having a good number of downloads and it is also distributed with Eclipse Pulsar. We have a log of bugs that were open since our 1.0 release and a couple of issues raised on the news group. It doesn't seem that there is a strong need for new features right now, at least in my perpective.

So the proposal is to focus mainly on the following areas:
- Bug fixes  and increase stability (on going)
- Support new external components (antenna preprocessor and jetty)
- SDKImporter API (RIM contributed)

There other areas that are interesting, but that no one is able to contribute right now
- Add CLDC support
- Add CDC support
- Add android support
- GUI Editor
- Add unit tests on MTJ API

i will wait a couple of days for feedback and possible other contributions that could happen.
I would like to have a target date of closing a first draft of the plan next Friday 5th.

:)
gep

Back to the top