[dsdp-mtj-dev] SDK Provider API Committed: Bug 264736

HI MTJ,

I just commited the new SDK Provider API that was contributed by RIM (thanks Jon for the great work!). if you need details, see Bug 264736.

Since there are major changes in some core parts of the code, i applyed a tag on the code before committing (the tag is 1.0.2_BEFORE_SDK_PROVIDER). So if any major issue is found we wil lbe able to easily compare with the previous code or even return to it if the community decide.

Jon also included some example plugins of how to implement the API. Those plugins are also added to SVN under the examples folder.

I've done some basic tests and everything seems to e fine,
- Import and run SDKS: WTK 3, LG SDK and Motorola SDK
- create MIDlet project / MIDlet and run them

but it is necessary to do some more tests:
- validate if a previous workspace works of with this new API
- verify some real api implementation (some would need to implement the API with a real SDK and ask to run to see if it works ok)
- any other tests that anyone think is important

Diego said that he will generate a new nightly build with the change (hopefully until the beginning of next week).

There are still some tasks left with this new API (volunteers are welcome. i will file the bugs to each task):
- update user documentation since the Device Management dialog was changed
- update developer documentation with this new API

:)
gep

Back to the top