|Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] MTJ SR1 work|
Sorry for joining the discussion late. I was deeply involved in the past weeks on closing the final release (both on pulsar and MTJ) and didn’t have a lot of time to look at the next steps.
I think that it is a good time that we can have another call to talk about the next steps. A clear decision is what is the next MTJ version? 1.0.1 or 1.1?. If we plan to add the new API / extension to register the SDKs, then it should be 1.1
I will check with Eric / Christian a good time for them and we can send a proposed date / agenda.
One additional thing to have in mind on those “next steps” is the proposal that was sent to DSDP PMC list a couple of days ago (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-pmc/msg01766.html ). This proposal talks about moving the “pulsar” code that now is on MTJ to a possible new project. This is still a proposal, but is important that we also consider it.
Internally we are also thinking about some possible features that we can do on SR1 timeframe.
De: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Em nome de Gorkem Ercan
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 25 de junho de 2009 10:27
Para: Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list
Assunto: Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] MTJ SR1 work
I think the tag is in place I see a 1.0GA tag on SVN. So we need a 1.0.1 branch. I guess we can branch the plugins as needed if the plugin receives a new development (or a breaking fix). If everybody agrees
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Craig Setera <craigjunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would agree. I would:
* Expect that we would tag 3.5 and create a branch for 3.5.1.
* The tag doesn't move.
* Pure bug fixes go on the 3.5.1 branch.
* New development goes on trunk.
* If we decide to ship something in 3.5.1 that isn't a pure bug fix, we agree amongst the team (via this email list) and then merge it to the 3.5.1 branch from trunk.
This is the way I've tended to do this type of work in the past and believe it is the correct approach. The question is whether we have tagged and branched yet? This is something any committer could do, although I won't have time until this weekend (at least).
On 6/25/09 8:01 AM, Gorkem Ercan wrote:
Now that Galileo is out. Is the HEAD open for new development now?
Craig, I think your suggestion is to use the HEAD for both bug fixes and new features. Am I correct? IMHO It is better to branch for service release because it would allow us to be more liberal with the new features. I guess we can always backport some of them to SR branch
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Jon Dearden <jdearden@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Craig, is there a general mechanism available in the API for validating user data entered into vendor-specific JAD properties?
From: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig Setera
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:31 AM
To: Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list
Subject: Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] MTJ SR1 work
What are we thinking in terms of additional features/functions for this point release? I know that that isn't all that standard for most Eclipse projects, but given that we are still trying to get all of the basics in place it seems we might want to consider it. I'm thinking, in particular, that I might like to try to find the time to go back and finish out the SDK provider extension point work I started.
If we are starting point release work, do we have appropriate source control branches in place?
On 6/11/09 1:07 PM, Eric Hildum wrote:Everyone, we have had a very successful development and release of MTJ1.0. Thank you all for your hard work and contributions.Even though Galileo has not been officially released yet, I think itis time we start looking at the work for SR1. Looking at the currentbug list for MTJ, I see 42 open bugs at this time. Some of these wedefinitely need to resolve for SR1, others it is not clear to me thatthey are still valid or at the right severity/priority. Could we alltake a look at the open bugs and:1. See if they are still valid. If not, would the reporters please close them2. Check to see if they have the correct severity/priority.3. Make sure that we have correctly identified and recorded inBugzilla the correct blocking/depends on relationships4. Update the reports with any additional information that may have come in.Also, I noticed that at least one bug has a valid patch but seems tobe moving into new problems. Could we close the initial problem reportas that has been fixed, and open a separate bug report so we can keepthe bugs on a single topic?
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
dsdp-mtj-dev mailing list
_______________________________________________dsdp-mtj-dev mailing list
dsdp-mtj-dev mailing list
dsdp-mtj-dev mailing list