Re: RES: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Symbol Set definition from antenna

Hi Ales,

Gustavo already gave you all the right technical answers, describing the high level process.

Please feel free to implement the feature, if you need any help to understand the code, use this mailing list, and we'll help you as much as we can. If you find areas that are not well documented, feel free to add comments as well! :-)

Once you have tested your code, and want to submit it, the process is that - you cannot check it into SVN directly.
You will have to create the patch and submit it using "Eclipse Bugzilla".

If you have any problems understanding the process - please ask for help here!

One overall suggestion I want to make for this: Since you mentioned that you have not contributed to an Open Source project,
please let me highlight one particular important issue:

Copyright and Intellectual Property.

There is two main concerns.

1) Eclipse Code (which includes MTJ) is created under the the terms of the "Eclipse Public License" (EPL). Basically this means: Whatever code you write and contribute will be re-distributed under this license, and when you submit the "patch" using Bugzilla, you will have to agree to the "terms and conditions" of the EPL.

The EPL is a very "friendly" license and restricts in no way what you yourself can do with your work.

The only "problem" is - The EPL is not compatible with the GNU Public License (GPL).

Therefore - if you use any other code in your Patch - for example, you "Copy and Paste" an example from an online tutorial, or you "copy and paste" from an other Open Source software....
.... you have to be VERY careful that you do not violate any license.

My recommendation: *Please do NOT copy and paste from any other code/text.*

IF you need any other software, e.g. libraries etc, please let us know, we can discuss it, and with the help of Eclipse
Legal team decide to use those libraries.

We all are working VERY hard to keep the Eclipse source code free from any code which is not compatible with the EPL.

2) Your Employer: Please do also NOT re-use any code which you have created as part of your "employment", for your
"real" job.
Your employer typically has policies and procedures how you can contribute to Open Source.
Please make sure you know and follow all your employers processes.

I hope this is helpful for you, and WELCOME to the project!
:)

-Christian

Ales Milan (Inlogic Software s.r.o.) wrote:
Yes, I want to help with this part, but I never code opensource. So please help me to start :) How I can join to commiters? Do I need to continue through http://www.eclipse.org/membership/become_a_member/ page?

I download source code from SVN. Import project to eclipse and tried to make some changes... Everything works fine. I'm ready to help.. So, where is I can get some documentation about source code of MTJ? What is where, etc.

Ales