RE: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Re: [Eclipseme-users] Why Switch to Eclipse MobileTools for Java?

Eric,

Thanks for sending this statement of intent, it is good to have things
stated clearly and publicly so that there can be no doubt about the
FOSSness of this FOSS project.  It stops anyone trying to even hint that
this may not be the case.

Also I would like to thank yourself and Motorola for taking the decision
to ditch MTJ 0.7 and restart with MTJ 0.9 based on the Eclipse codebase.
A brave decision that I think is going to work out well for all.

I doubt I will be able to contribute to the MTJ code base directly, but
I will always be a just behind the leading edge user and reporter of
issues and problems.   My real business is in consultancy and analysis
in multicore/cluster/parallel systems, but we do things holistically so
Java ME is part of the milieu.  If you look though you will find me out
and about in the build framework (SCons, Gant, Gradle) and Groovy
communities, that is where I tend to do my off the clock programming.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077