[dsdp-mtj-dev] Re: [Eclipseme-users] Why Switch to Eclipse Mobile Tools for Java?

Craig,

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 06:01 -0500, Setera Craig wrote:
> I just posted a new blog entry listing lots of good reasons to make
> the switch to MTJ from EclipseME.  Please check out http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/28/why-switch-to-eclipse-mobile-tools-for-java/

Personally I see no reason not to switch to MTJ, and indeed have done so
for myself and future training courses -- MTJ 0.9 is really EclipseME
1.9 so what reason is there not to change?

Well actually I can think of one:  MTJ has the potential of being seen
as a Motorola project with all the consequences that a
single-manufacturer-driven FOSS project suffers.  I know that there is
Nokia presence in the development team, also IBM, but it really looks
like a Motorola project with Sybase input.  Can I propose that the MTJ
team actively seek out a bit more Nokia, SonyEricsson, Samsung, LG,
Blackberry, etc. representation amongst the central development team?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077