From: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig Setera
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:56 PM
To: Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list
Subject: Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Discussion about mtj extension points

Paulo,

Looking at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Analysis_of_Extension_Points_and_Plugins_Model
it looks like you have them all covered with the exception of anything
related to device fragmentation (preprocessing, etc).  I think that is
correct in the short term, but I'd like to make sure that we don't lose
those tasks for later releases.

There are a couple of services, I'm not sure about:
* Build provider
Given that Eclipse is built on the concept of builders, do we need
another builder?  Given that builders and project natures are pretty
closely related, I can see where we *might*, but I can only see it as a
switch to determine what builder gets called (essentially a delegating
builder).  I'd hate to see us reinvent too much of the current Eclipse
build infrastructure.
* libraries
I guess I'm not sure if we need this to be separate from a device
definition?

Thanks,
Craig