Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Current MTJ code

Gustavo,

I'm assuming you are just trying to get your head around the current MTJ codebase? Since we are "rebooting" the MTJ project, I would like to ask that we reconsider the underlying extension point and plugin architecture. I would like to see the group work together to define the set of common "services" that should be supported, their interfaces and their associated extension points. In addition, I believe that we should be able to collapse the number of plugins to a more manageable number.

For example, we know (for CLDC) we will need a preverification service. This should be defined by an interface. It should be possible to register a new implementation of that service via a standard Eclipse extension point. There are many services in the MTJ code that can be extracted and made much simpler. I can try to take a stab at a more comprehensive list as time permits.

Thanks,
Craig

Paula Gustavo-WGP010 wrote:
hi arto,
thanks for your response... the spreadsheet that you sent looks really nice and helped me understand better plugins model. i just downloaded the documentation from the cvs and i'm going to also look at it. i looked at it and also the plugins in the 0.7 and N20071104 versions. it seems that there are 12 new plugins in the N20071104 version. the plugins are listed below
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.dds.j2mepolish
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.om
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.om.op
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.om.ui
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.sep
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.sep.eswt
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.sep.eswt.win32
org.eclipse.mtj.ve.guidesigner
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.dds
org.eclipse.mtj.core.localization.en
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.dpp.usersupplied
org.eclipse.mtj.extension.wizard

the wizard plugin implements the "import MIDlet from X" functionality. there are other 3 group of plugins that i looked at the source code to understand the functionality
- om: obfuscator with proguard
- dds: device fragmentation
- sep / guidesigner: gui designer
i'm not sure if you are the right person to answer that, but since you were the first to answer the email here it goes :) do you know the status of those plugin? are they already working? which parts of those functionalities are actually implemented? if it is not you that know that, does anyone in the list knows? thanks in advanced,
:)
gustavo