Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Visual Designer Use Case online review

Rauno,

This looks like a good start.  A couple of things I noticed:

- There are no details for Add/Modify/Remove Component as there are for the other use cases. - Component installation/uninstallation. Why are we talking about the user adding and deleting these via the file system? This should all be handled via either the update manager or some other user interface.
- What happens to projects that use an uninstalled component?
- Can we enumerate what a UI style contains?
- What happens to projects that use an uninstalled UI style?

I also have general concern with the generality of these use cases. I think there needs to be further consideration and documentation of how the available UI functionality affects the designer functionality. Two cases I can think of here: - In the menu functionality, there is discussion of reordering the menus in the visual designer. In MIDP, the platform controls the ordering of the menus and it is difficult to provide a specific menu ordering. - I may not completely understand the "UI styles" stuff, but I'm wondering how that is going to play well with things like the MIDP profile.

A definite good start.
Craig

Rauno.Seppala@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi All,

MTJ wiki page includes Visual Designers Use Cases divided into UI Designer and Flow Designer. (_http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Visual_Designers_)

The agreed plan is to use next two weeks (17.-29.11.) for commenting and then officially approve them on the 30th MTJ Phone Conf.

Please, use wiki pages and/or mailing list to comment the cases.

        Rauno