Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] GdbLaunchDelegate

Jesper Eskilson wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a short question about the implementation of GdbLaunchDelegate. The method "launchLocalDebugSession" casts the incoming ILaunch reference to a GdbLaunch object:

private void launchLocalDebugSession( ILaunchConfiguration config, ILaunch l, IProgressMonitor monitor ) throws CoreException {
        if ( monitor.isCanceled() ) {
            return;
        }
        final GdbLaunch launch = (GdbLaunch)l;

The GdbLaunch is being constructed by GdbLaunchDelegate.getLaunch(). The control flow is kind of funny, but this method is part of the ILaunchConfigurationDelegate2 interface which was added in 3.0 release. BTW, the main purpose of implementing the ILaunch object is to allow the DSF-based view content providers to override the content providers for the standard debug model.

How GdbLaunchDelegate know that l is a GdbLaunch object? I suppose there is a factory or similar somewhere which creates it, but I can't seem to find it.

(And since the source won't compile for me, I can't debug it either.)
If you're already using the latest milestones of platform and CDT, what kinds of build errors are you getting at this point?
Cheers,
Pawel

Back to the top