RE: [dsdp-dd-dev] Disassembly View Requirement

Samantha,

I am not so sure whether having disassembly to show in any other view
other than the editor and disassembly view is such a good idea. I don't
see any reason why a user will like to do that. Maybe I am missing some
of the previous discussions. As for adding disassembly view in the
editor, Mikhail has suggested that we created an extension point for the
editor, and I think this should be the way to go.

Yes true for optimized code, not all sources can be mapped to
disassembly text. So for source base, you will not be seeing any
disassembly text in the mixed mode if there is no associated
disassembly, and in the address base method, you will not see source if
an address can't be map to source.

As for how you decode the instruction from binary file or memory on the
target, I'll say it is up to the debugger to decide how to decode the
disassembly from a given address. The CDI interface should just be
asking the debugger to disassembly at a given address, and the debugger
should just return the disassembled text, by either reading memory or
from the binary file and than decode the opCode.

Regards,
Patrick