Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Re: Disassembly PresentationDiscussion (formerly Memory View discussion) (Samantha Chan)

>  I see a pluggable component that disassembles a block of bytes into
disassembly plus a mapping of disassembled statements to source lines. The
component would then be used in the memory view and the modules view (?),
editor (?), or anywhere else we need that functionality.

Yep, we're on the same page.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             "Mikhail
             Khodjaiants"
             <mikhailk@xxxxxxx                                          To
             >                         "Device Debugging developer
             Sent by:                  discussions"
             dsdp-dd-dev-bounc         <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             25/05/2006 10:50          Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Re: Disassembly
             AM                        PresentationDiscussion    (formerly
                                       Memory View discussion) (Samantha
                                       Chan)
             Please respond to
             Device Debugging
                 developer
                discussions
             <dsdp-dd-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

John,

> Another option for the sort of thing you're talking about is to introduce
a feature in the binary parser and perhaps expose that via the modules
view.

Glad to hear it, I have been thinking on this feature for a long time.

> I see a pluggable component that disassembles a block of bytes into
disassembly plus a mapping of disassembled statements to source lines. The
component
> would then be used in the memory view and the modules view (?), editor
(?), or anywhere else we need that functionality.
+1 though the presentation issues remain open

Mikhail