[Dltk-dev] I am interested in working on the Ruby debugger.

Hello,

I am interested in working on and possibly rewriting the DLTK Ruby debugger engine to work with Ruby 1.9

I believe the best way to do this would be to implement the ruby-debug-ide protocol supported by almost every ruby implementation including 1.9.3, 1.8 and JRuby.
I notice that the the current implementation is written in Ruby and implements the Dbgp protocol.

I am wondering if a DLTK developer could give me some guidance on how the debug infrastructure works and how I could go about writing a debugger engine in Java that implemented a different network protocol.

Thanks,
Tristan Hume

Back to the top