Re: [Dltk-dev] Triggering script builds

Another way is improving DLTK, so you can specify for each dependency
if it should cause rebuilds *always* or only *on structural* changes.
It's possible only on HEAD for the upcoming 4.0 release next summer.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 00:36, Alexey Panchenko
<alex.panchenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Probably you should report your changes as structural.
> Structural here means "change of the external module interface".
>
> The idea is simple if you change external interface, like add/remove
> class member, then all the dependent modules should be recompiled, but
> if change was completely internal, like 1->2 in the body of the
> function - then it's not necessary to recompiled other files.
>

> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 00:18, Timothy Wall wrote:
>> Thanks.  Set that up, extracted the dependencies from built models, and fed them into IBuildState.
>>
>> The dependencies are being saved in a queue, but subsequent builds are not triggered.  In this statement in ScriptBuilder.java:555,
>>
>> while (!buildState.getStructuralChanges().isEmpty()
>>                                        && !queue.isEmpty()) {
>>
>> since the structural changes map is empty (the queue is non-empty), the queue is never read (builders are again called in the body of this loop) - perhaps the test should be an OR instead of AND?
>>

>> On Sep 23, 2011, at 11:55 AM, Alexey Panchenko wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Timothy,
>>>
>>> 1. create IScriptBuilder implementation and contribute it via extension point
>>> 2. in build() function report dependencies via