[Dltk-dev] Insert/override of completion proposals

Hi,

Another problem that i encountered is the insert/override setting for
content assist. The preference part works ok. It is the expected
behavior which seems not to work properly:

I have the definition of a method: moo()

I want somewhere in code to auto-complete it.
I have the preferences set  to insert proposals.

Case 1: I write: 'm', then Ctrl-Space => moo()
OK

Case 2: I write: 'm', then Ctrl-Space + Ctrl => moo
OK

Case 3: I write: 'ma', place the cursor between 'm' and 'a' then
Ctrl-Space => moo()a
OK

Case 4: I write: 'ma()', place the cursor between 'm' and 'a' then
Ctrl-Space + Ctrl => mooa()
NOT OK

So from this behavior the "overriding" means just the completion of
"()", And it does not override the text after. Do you have the same
behavior?

Anyway, DLTK has no idea what "text afer" should mean. Therefore, in a
lot a places in the code completion the DLTK language plugin developer
should provide Word Detectors. With such DLTK could ask to get the
text to override.

Regads,
Gabriel

--