[Dltk-dev] How can I change the text of the model elements in DLTK?

Hi all!

The way the DLTK model elements are displayed in the Outline View does not meed my requirements. The default implementation displays a function as:

foo(arg1,arg2)

But I would like to display also the types of the arguments and also the return type:

foo(arg1:int, args:string): int

I have inherited for my model from org.eclipse.dltk.ast.declarations.MethodDeclaration in order to extend the default functionality. I have seen that by overriding the getName() method I break many things :) but nevertheless the solution is not good anyway because the arguments are appended after the getName() call.

Is there any extension that I can implement in order to modify the default label contruction of the model elements? (I guess the solution must not be related to the Outline View since the model elements are rendered all over the place with the same mechanism).

Thanks!

Regards,
Gabriel

--