From: "Jae Gangemi" <jgangemi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "DLTK Developer Discussions" <dltk-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:31:38 AM GMT +06:00 Almaty, Novosibirsk
Subject: Re: [Dltk-dev] we are over to java 5?

 the tcl plugin requires 3.4 at this point b/c some of the other plugins it relies upon (ie: emf) also require 3.4 - see here: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/

 the validators code now relies on emf as well, although that code is all new and only is only related to preference configuration (which is currently only used by the tcl plugin), so if you've implemented any validators (or are using the the external validators plugin) i think you should still be fine using 3.3 with the 1.0 release.

  sooner or later a move to 3.4 as the default target will be required - when will depend on either the dltk folks mandating it or you wishing to implmenent new features based upon exisiting code that requires it.