[Dltk-dev] NPE on deleting launch configuration

Using Eclipse 3.4.1 and DLTK 0.95.1

Possible bug:

I am deleting a launch configuration:

for (ILaunchConfiguration config : manager.getLaunchConfigurations(type)) {
        if (config.getName().equals(unit.getLaunchName())) {
                  config.delete();
                 break ;
        }
}

When the delete occurs, ScriptDebugLogManager#launchChanged winds up being called following from a LaunchManager$LaunchNotifier#run:

public void launchChanged(ILaunch launch) {
         IDebugTarget target = launch.getDebugTarget();
        boolean loggingEnabled = LaunchConfigurationUtils
                 . isDbgpLoggingEnabled(launch.getLaunchConfiguration());

Both launch#getDebugTarget() and launch#getLaunchConfiguration() return null, as expected given deletion of the launch configuration, the latter call resulting in an NPE.

Cannot quite figure out why ScriptDebugLogManager#launchChanged is being called in the first place.  I would expect ScriptDebugLogManager#launchRemoved to be the correct method called.

Is this a bug, or am I missing an override somewhere to force correct behavior?

Thanks,
Gerald

Back to the top