Re: [Dltk-dev] Multiple languages in one project

On Tuesday 07 October 2008, Alex Panchenko wrote:
> Hi Lothar,
>
> We have plans to support multiple languages in the same project, but it
> requires a lot of changes to the system infrastructure.
> We would like it to be implemented before DLTK 1.0 release (June 2009)
> and at the moment it is not possible to narrow down the time frame.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

That sounds very promising. We will start out with what DLTK has now in
Ganymede and later we can update. We used the same approach with DSDP/TM.

I am doing experiments embedding scripting via the JSR-223 scripting
infrastructure. Currently it is a bit of a hassle to define my own
interpreter, as the infrastructure always wants paths to something, but I
managed to get something working. I hope DLTK 1.0 will have improved support
for embedded interpreters that don't have an executable and don't start real
processes.

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.