Re: [Dltk-dev] Some questions and observations (extensibility, console, etc)

William Cook schrieb:
I am struggling to get a first release of my Scheme plugin done. It is going ok and I think it is almost done. But I am starting to feel very old... the level of complexity and indirection that is inherent in the Eclipse programming model is more than I have dealt with before (except perhaps when working with Smalltalk.. which is no surprise given where Eclipse came from). I tend to spend about 3 to 5 hours hunting around for the right spot to make a change, then I write 5 lines of code. Fortunately I am slowly getting faster as I learn the overall architecture. The last time I felt so stupid was when I learned COM.

I'm unfortunately not able to comment on your mail (I don't use Scheme) however I wanted to mention that I can totally sign this above paragraph. Rest assured that you're not the only one who's fighting with the way the Eclipse framework works. :-)

--
Frerich Raabe - raabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing

Back to the top