[diffmerge-dev] EDM and the Eclipse release train

Hi,

I am considering to make EMF Diff/Merge leave the Eclipse release train. The current pace of four releases per year requires significant validation/administrative work that could be used for more productive purposes. Instead, we would keep a one-main-release-per-year cadence where the main release occurs in October/November as usual, and is validated against the Eclipse *-06 simultaneous release (or *-09 in case of major issues) of the same year.

To my knowledge, consumers of EDM are not in the release train so there would be no “internal” consequences. Other than that, committers, contributors, consumers: if you have concerns, please raise a hand.

Best regards,

Olivier

Back to the top