[dash-dev] hooks into build steps/defining custom build steps in buildExtra.xml?

Hi All,
I need to add an Orbit bundle to the update site.
While trying to do it, I figured out that it's not possible to insert any code into buildUpdate. Also you cannot define any custom build steps (targets) in your buildExtra.xml in case you want something specific instead of standard steps. So, is "extraPackaging" the only currently possible way to do something with update site zip?
Or am I missing anything?

Thanks!
Anna.

Dr. Anna Dushistova