Re: [dash-dev] Re: building with Athena on Windows

Great work, thanks!

BTW, the reason that the svn checkout does nothing on Windows when building from maps could be a couple of things:

a) Windows can't find `svn` executable as called by Ant

b) Windows CAN find `svn` executable but Ant isn't using it correctly on Windows (different syntax? paths with spaces?)

c) Ant is trying to run svn through cygwin, but cygwin doesn't know what svn is (whereas Windows does). Try installing svn into cygwin?

d) javahl problem. See console log from an Athena build for a warning about possible SVN checkout issues and one solution that might work.

Also, because "junctions" don't work on XP, I can't verify your solution here; however, the `8.3 short path name` trick works when you can't work around long paths with spaces any other way. See my other post for the `dir -x` way to derive a short path from a long one. I trust that still works on Vista or 7...?

Nick

Nicolas Bros wrote:
Hi again,

I finally succeeded in building with Athena under Windows. I documented the procedure on this wiki page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/MoDisco/Releng/How_to_Use#Building_on_Windows

Hoping it will help people who are struggling with it, like I was ;)
--
Nicolas Bros
R&D