Re: [dash-dev] Athena CBI and RCP ?

1. Does Athena support building from a target _without_ the
Eclipse-SDK (i.e. only RCP+Equinox SDKs) ?

No, not currently.

Background: I've been successful using Eclipse+Equinox as shown here:
  dependencyURLs=http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-SDK-3.5.1-win32.zip,\
  http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/equinox/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/equinox-SDK-3.5.1.zip

but with the RCP+Equinox dependencies:
   dependencyURLs=http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-RCP-3.5.1-win32.zip,\
    http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/equinox/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/equinox-SDK-3.5.1.zip

I get the following error:
   C:\tmp\workspace\org.eclipse.dash.common.releng\tools\scripts\getDependenciesHelper.xml:78:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no    protocol: ${eclipse.SDK.url}

I've set the properties eclipse.SDK.url and eclipse.SDK.file - which
resolves this. However this will result in the eclipse SDK
beingunzipped into the build directory (which to me seems the same as
putting it into the dependencyURLs). I would like to avoid this. Any
workaround?

The problem is that to run the build you need PDE. Does the RCP zip contain PDE? If not, then there's no way this will work, even if I convince the URL parser that "eclipse-RCP" is a valid prefix for a zip we'll call ${eclipse.SDK}.

Doing so is fairly trivial, and I can easily do so for you if you want Athena to allow eclipse-RCP-*.zip as a drop-in replacement for eclipse-SDK-*.zip. I'm just worried that you need things in the SDK that aren't available in the RCP zip. Convince me I'm wrong and I'll make this change.

2. Some of the examples I've looked at use these properties and some
do not. What do they do? Are they still used?

projRelengRoot=:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/rt
projRelengPath=org.eclipse.riena/org.eclipse.riena.build3

CVS root & path for your releng project.

#basebuilderBranch=R35_RC4

tag used for o.e.releng.basebuilder project. That's an old one - here are the most recent tags by branch: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng-basebuilder

--
Nick Boldt :: http://nick.divbyzero.com
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena

Back to the top