[dash-dev] Athena CBI and RCP ?

Hi dash-dev,

I'm setting up a new build for Riena and have tried Athena - with
mixed results so far. I hope that the enlightened citizens of Athena
can provide some guidance to their fellow traveler.

1. Does Athena support building from a target _without_ the
Eclipse-SDK (i.e. only RCP+Equinox SDKs) ?

Background: I've been successful using Eclipse+Equinox as shown here:
  dependencyURLs=http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-SDK-3.5.1-win32.zip,\
  http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/equinox/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/equinox-SDK-3.5.1.zip

but with the RCP+Equinox dependencies:
   dependencyURLs=http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-RCP-3.5.1-win32.zip,\
    http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/equinox/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/equinox-SDK-3.5.1.zip

I get the following error:
   C:\tmp\workspace\org.eclipse.dash.common.releng\tools\scripts\getDependenciesHelper.xml:78:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no    protocol: ${eclipse.SDK.url}

I've set the properties eclipse.SDK.url and eclipse.SDK.file - which
resolves this. However this will result in the eclipse SDK
beingunzipped into the build directory (which to me seems the same as
putting it into the dependencyURLs). I would like to avoid this. Any
workaround?

2. Some of the examples I've looked at use these properties and some
do not. What do they do? Are they still used?

projRelengRoot=:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/rt
projRelengPath=org.eclipse.riena/org.eclipse.riena.build3
#basebuilderBranch=R35_RC4

Thanks for the help,
Elias.

--
Elias Volanakis | Technical Lead | EclipseSource Portland
elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | +1 503 929 5537 | http://eclipsesource.com

Back to the top