[dash-dev] Common Build Infrastructure

Dashers,

I have a question. During our short but interesting workshop, I spent a fair amount of time watching Nick Boldt 'unhack' modeling-specific hacks from his current Build Infra code. I mean no disrespect to Nick's build system -- it appears to be complete, and it seems to work very well for all the building he does. But a generic, simple builder it is not.

My question is: Should we keep pushing forward with the current goal of taking Nick's code and adapting it to work (which is currently stalled as most of us are useless without Nick doing all the work), or should we (Bjorn, myself, Nick, Wayne, anyone?) consider creating a small, simple system from scratch?

Thoughts?

--
Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure