[dash-dev] Using JVM 1.4 vs. 1.5, Eclipse 3.1/3.2/3.3

Monkeys,

As a quick note and FYI, we (Aptana) are using Eclipse Monkey in a product currently based on Eclipse 3.1 and JVM 1.4. Thus, if at all possible, please try to only use APIs available in JVM 1.4 and Eclipse 3.1, at least in the core plugins distributed with the base Eclipse Monkey feature. We plan to migrate to Java 1.5 and Eclipse 3.2 in the future, but I wanted to make everyone aware of the restrictions we are currently working with internally.

Best,
Ingo

Back to the top